Self Employed Cleaners

You can now do ALL your customer service through the forum. Try it and see......

Moderator: AmyCleaning

Re: Self Employed Cleaners

Postby AmyCleaning » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 am

HI Annief,

Upon the first initial interview at the agency and at the training the cleaner(s) are informed that they will work on a self employed basis, they will have no contract of employment with the agency and will have to pay their own tax and national insurance contributions.

The majority of our cleaners are already registered as self employed once they register with the agency. If they are not registered as self employed, they sign with us that they will register so there is proof we have informed them of their responsibility with the Inland Revenue to do this and we cannot be held accountable if they do not do it .
When they apply for self employment and it gets approved by HM Revenues and Customs they will receive a letter with their unique Tax Payer Reference Number (UTR), this is a 10 digit number that the Inland Revenue provides when you become self employed. They should then bring this letter to the agency so that a copy can be placed in their files.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
Amy Cleaning
AmyCleaning

Postby AmyCleaning » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi JackHomes,

Thanks for your enquiry.

1. Staying local- Cleaning within your local area will most definately be more cost effective and enable you to do more hours during the day as you will not have to count travelling time.

2. Picking Clients- You must pick the clients that you are confident with and know you will be able to give 110% at all times.

3. Being seen as "just the cleaner"- You will never be seen as just the cleaner, I can guarantee you that. People cherish their homes and their belongings in it and once you can cherish it like they do, they will see you as a "House Doctor" and someone they will never be able to live without. This type of job is most definately a confidence builder as long as you always give your client(s) 110%.

4. Wages- Because all jobs are different, always go in with an open mind and be honest with the client. If the home is small and you know it will be easy to clean then charge by the hour, if the home is bigger then charge per job.

Hope this information helps you and good luck.

All the best
Amy Cleaning
AmyCleaning

Postby Jake6655 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:54 pm

You do not need lots of things to start a small house cleaning business.
Jake6655

Postby lessribbon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 am

JackHomes wrote:I want to stay as local to the area I live in to keep costs down,and be able to pick clients.Im not a very confident person and am worried I will be seen as "just the cleaner".Should I charge by the hour or should I charge per job?

In my perspective that all types of tasks are different and always you should be sincere with the consumer. If the property is less and you know it will be easy to clean then cost on an hourly basis, if the house is bigger than charge per job.
lessribbon

Return to Customer Service