Following our last post about cleaning detergents, find some ideas on how to use your laundry detergent, either powder one or liquid.
Let’s start with powder detergents:
- Dilute them yourself, to avoid residues on clothes. And also as a way to pre-treat stain on clothes.
- Use less than you think you need and that will make it last longer.
- When shopping, check for a brand formulated for use with cold water, to save energy.
- Put half a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle to clean pipes from possible detergent residues.
What about liquid detergents?
- Buy a brand that comes double concentrated, as they use less water and packaging.
- Try to avoid capsules and buy detergent in bottles; this way you can measure the right quantity when doing half loads on the washing machine.
Do you have any other tips on how to use your detergent efficiently? Let us know!