Do you have limestone floor at your home? Here are a few tips to help you keep your floors looking beautiful:
- Use floor mats to remove dirt from shoes.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor on a regular basis.
- Clean up any spillages as soon as they happen to avoid any major stain on the floor.
- Mop the floor regularly with a neutral cleaner. Use warm water on the bucket and add a couple of drops of washing up liquid; this will do the job for the regular cleans. But remember to change the rinse water frequently to avoid any streaks on the floor.
- Quarterly, do a deep clean of the floor, using a high quality alkaline limestone cleaner.
- Do not use acid cleaners (including vinegar) or any ammonia-based cleaners that will leave the floor looking dull.
Enjoy your limestone floor with this easy tips!
Walking the City of London, I look at those new buildings, full of stainless steel and glass, and I can’t help but feel sorry for the cleaners.
I know! I am the first one to say how great those buildings look! How many of us have a state of the art kitchen with limestone floors, granite work top and stainless steel appliances? It is a pleasure to see the shininess and we can even see our gleaming smile reflected on the surface! But for how long?
All those new and “cool” materials are so difficult to keep clean that even the best cleaning product (and the best domestic cleaner) will not return the shine of the first day. They require a daily maintenance.
Cleaning stone and stainless steel takes time and requires constant work to keep them up to standard. If you are one of the lucky ones who can enjoy the pleasure of having those materials at home, speak with your domestic cleaner, make sure you have the right cleaning products; and if you cannot give her more time to clean them properly, be understanding with her when you find the odd finger print or mark.